It’s that time of year again. The holiday season is in full swing and you’re probably mulling over the habits you want to nix or reinforce in 2017. Acupuncture isn’t solely a way to cure illness or health conditions. In fact, treatments can aid in addressing a host of issues. If any of these resolutions are on your list, consider finding a licensed acupuncturist in your area to bolster your chances for success.
• Weight Loss: In addition to modifying your diet and exercising regularly, acupuncture is an effective way to speed up weight loss. A study published in The International Journal of Neuroscience found that acupuncture boosted metabolism, suppressed appetite, mobilized the body’s energy depots, and improved digestion. Participants who received acupuncture, experienced a significant reduction in body weight as compared to the control group.
• Addiction: Whether you’re trying to quit smoking or would like to kick another habit to the curb, acupuncture can help. Treatments can alleviate the jitters, cravings, irritability, insomnia, fatigue, and other symptoms related to withdrawal.
• Stress: Determined to overcome stress? When rats received electro-acupuncture, scientists noted a decline in stress hormones. In addition, patients tend to feel relaxed after sessions.
• Workouts: Acupuncture can potentially improve your athletic performance, help your muscles recover faster, and allow you to workout more efficiently while preventing or treating injuries. Check out our posts on acupuncture for athletes and deepening your yoga practice through acupuncture.
• Productivity: Stimulating certain acupuncture points leads to improved concentration and focus, mental clarity, and enhanced brain function. These perks can have a serious positive impact on your productivity.
This list is just a sample of the large variety of cases treatable with acupuncture. Set up an appointment with a fully trained licensed acupuncturist in our directory to determine how the ancient form of medicine can help you strengthen your resolve.